Building a strong relationship and satisfying family life can be challenging. We are here to help you strengthen connections, improve communication, and increase harmony and balance in your home.
We offer professional and confidential counselling services for individuals, couples and families that are based on the goals that you seek to achieve. Some of our areas of expertise include:
- Grief, Loss and Coping
- Increasing Self Esteem
- Art Therapy
- Child Witness
- Interpersonal Relations
- Family and Parenting Issues
- Communication & Conflict Resolution
Please call us at 519-621-5090 for information on how to start counselling.
Client’s Rights and Responsibilities
As a client of FCC, you have the right to:
- be treated fairly, honestly and respectfully by all FCC staff with regard to your race, culture, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, spiritual beliefs, or political beliefs;
- be considered the expert in your own life experience
- to ask to change counsellors if for any reason you are not comfortable or satisfied with your counsellor. To do this, please call the receptionist.
- to discontinue counselling at any time, but please talk to your counsellor before doing so.
As a client, we ask that you:
- actively participate in all aspects of your service
- inform staff of any medical condition, disability, or cultural need that requires our awareness or accommodation in providing service
- treat others with fairness, honesty and respect, including maintaining the privacy of other clients
- give your counselor a minimum of 24-hours notice if you wish to cancel or reschedule an appointment. Failure to provide sufficient notice means this time will be deducted from your counselling services.
- To cancel an appointment, please call FCC at 519-621-5090.
Complaints and Concerns
Your concerns matter to us. Our goal is to provide you with effective, supportive services. If you would like a different Counsellor or you have concerns or complaints about any aspect of our service, please contact us at 519-621-5090 and ask for the Executive Director.
Counselling Service Confidentiality
When you come to this service, what you and the worker talk about is private and confidential to this agency. The worker cannot, and will not, freely share any information about you to others outside this agency. This means that only with your written permission could Family Counselling Centre of Cambridge & North Dumfries release information about you to anyone else. There are exceptions, required by law, where information may be given out without your consent. These include:
Cases of suspected or reported child abuse or neglect will be reported to Family and Children Services.
- When a client shares information regarding serious harm to self (suicide) or to someone else (homicide).
- A subpoena or summons is served by the courts.
- When a person arrives under the influence of alcohol or drugs and insists on driving, the police will be notified if alternate arrangements are refused.
- A medical emergency.
Family Counselling Centre of Cambridge & North Dumfries is a member of the Counselling collaborative Program and provides counselling supports free of charge to recipients of Ontario Works and Ontario Disability Support Program. The Collaborative is funded in part by the Region of Waterloo.