We are looking for a male to join us in our work to end violence and promote equality. We need someone for Wednesday nights and one Wednesday afternoon a month if possible for team meetings starting in September.
Men’s Group Facilitator
Family Counselling Centre of Cambridge & North Dumfries
Position: Men’s Group Facilitator (male, co-lead)
Reports to: PAR Coordinator and PAR Clinical Supervisor
The Men’s Group Facilitator will be accountable for the delivery of the provincially recognized Partner Assault Response program to men identified through the court system.
The incumbent must have an understanding of the feminist analysis of power and control, as well as excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. The incumbent must maintain confidentiality with reference to clients and agency matters at all times.
The incumbent must also be flexible and willing to work evenings.
The Facilitator will follow the criteria and standards established for the Partner Assault Program by the Ministry of the Attorney General, as well as the policies and procedures of the Family Counselling Centre of Cambridge and North Dumfries.
The Facilitator will co-lead the group(s) with a female facilitator.
The individual, if available, will participate in meetings for PAR Team members on a monthly basis.
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Social Work or counselling or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience in facilitating groups
- Ability to work well within a peer group environment
- Experience working with perpetrators (and/or) victims of domestic violence
- Flexibility in scheduling work hours
- Ability to set priorities and work to deadlines
- Comfortable as part of a team and effective in building relationships with others
- Exhibit an understanding of overall challenges of the community environment and an appreciation for and use of the systems that need to be in place to support program and service delivery.
Interested candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter and a list of two references.