EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a set of confidential, quick, and easy-to-access professional services to help employees and their families cope with stress, change, work and family relationship issues.
The services provided can include:
- Individual, couple, family and group counselling
- 24 hour access to telephone crisis counselling
- Critical incident stress management
- Credit counselling including budget management and debt counselling referrals
- Wellness workshops
- Staff and manager orientation
- Consultative services for managers
- Formal referrals
Happy, resilient and well coping employees are productive employees and productive employees are good business.
Personal problems are evident in every workplace:
- Stress contributes to 85% of accidents, impacting on short and long term disability, extended health care costs and costs for replacement workers. (Benefits Canada)
- 15% of the workforce causes 90% of absenteeism;
- Emotional factors account for 61% of time lost. (Stats Canada)
- 10-15% of employees have severe personal problems with performance at least 35% below normal presenteeism. (CMHA)
The fseap network can provide service to your employees across Canada. We offer 24 hour crisis call support and intake services.
Family Counselling Centre of Cambridge and North Dumfries provides confidential services to employees. Proudly serving Cambridge and North Dumfries since 1940.
As a member agency of the Family Service Employee Assistance Program (fseap) network, FCC can provide EAP services to employees and their families across Canada. Families traveling, or children away at school, can access immediate support from anywhere in North America.
Employees: Already have access to EAP services with FCC? Contact us at 519-621-5090 to book an appointment or find out what services you are eligible for.