An open support group for women survivors of domestic violence/abuse. Funded by Ministry of Community and Social Services/Ministry of Attorney General.
Our agency offers:
- Individual and group counselling to women who have experienced domestic violence in an intimate relationship.
- Phone support for women who have current or past partners in the Partner Assault Response Program (PAR)
- Referrals to other community resources that you may identify as being helpful for you.
Individual Counselling will:
- Assist you when you have experienced physical, emotional, verbal, financial and/or sexual abuse in an intimate relationship.
- Provide the opportunity to heal from the affects of domestic violence at an in-depth level.
Therapeutic Support Groups offer:
- Sharing, healing, learning and growing together with other women in a supportive and caring environment.
- Opportunity for group support while receiving one to one counselling services.
Groups will focus on:
- The dynamics of an abusive relationship and the tactics abusers use to have power and control over women.
- The importance of self-care, self-esteem enhancement, and healthy relationships.
- The exploration of handling emotions such as guilt, anger, depression, and shame.
- The development of tools to help your children overcome the impact of experiencing abuse in the home.
- The encouragement to trust yourself and create positive changes.
Phone Contact Support for individuals whose partners are in the Partner Assault Response Program.
If you are a woman and have a partner or former partner enrolled in the Partner Assault Response Program (PAR) at our agency, we can offer phone support to you, which might include information about any of the following:
- What the PAR program is all about.
- Information about your abuser’s participation, including start date, absences and date of completion or discharge from the program prior to completion.
- Communication to you about safety concerns.
- Safety planning information.
- Referrals to local services and community resources.
Call us, we can help. 519-621-5090