Violence Against Women
We invite you to attend a support group for women who have experienced abuse within an intimate relationship
The support group is offered to women who:
- have experienced abuse (emotional, physical, verbal, financial and/or sexual ) in an intimate relationship
- are interested in sharing, healing, laughing, learning and growing together with other women in a supportive and caring environment
Our group will focus on:
- New ways to take care of your self and build healthy relationships.
- Exploring how to handle emotions such as guilt, anger, depression and shame.
- Developing tools to help your children overcome the impact of experiencing abuse in the home.
- Increasing self-esteem.
- Learning how to trust yourself to create positive changes.
Location: Family Counselling Centre
Date: Tuesday mornings
[The program is based on an open group format. It is run throughout the year, which allows women to join the group at anytime]
For more information: call Sabina at: (519)621-5090; ext: 227
Cost: Paid for by the Ministry of Community and Social Services